Nigeria’s ELEME revises down January PP, PE prices
However, players were still highlighting their downward adjustment expectations from the producer given competitive South Korean import offers and lower Middle Eastern import prices.
This week, a distributor reported receiving downwardly revised offer levels from the local producer. According to the distributor, the producer issued NGN9000/ton ($49/ton) decreases for PE and NGN15000/ton ($82/ton) decreases for PP.
Now, the producer’s offers stand at NGN298,000/ton ($1709/ton) for LLDPE c4 film, NGN305,000/ton ($1750/ton) for LLDPE c4 injection, NGN302,000/ton ($1732/ton) for HDPE film, NGN299,000/ton ($1715/ton) for HDPE blow moulding, NGN300,000/ton ($1721/ton) for HDPE injection, NGN285,000-289,000/ton ($1635-1658/ton) for PPBC injection, NGN279,000/ton ($1600/ton) for PP raffia, NGN276,000/ton ($1583/ton) for PP injection and at NGN279,000/ton ($1600/ton) for BOPP on an ex-warehouse Port Harcourt city, cash not inc 5% VAT, cash basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?