Nigeria’s ELEME rolls over PE, raises PP
Accordingly, ELEME’s new offers are standing at NGN723,000/ton ($2297/ton) for HDPE film, at NGN717,000/ton ($2278/ton) for LLDPE film, at NGN720,000/ton ($2287/ton) for HDPE b/m, at NGN721,000/ton ($2290/ton) for HDPE inj., at NGN656,000/ton for ($2084/ton) for PP raffia, at NGN649,000/ton ($2062/ton) for inj and at NGN689,000-705,000/ton ($2189-2239/ton) for PPBC inj, all on an ex-Port Harcourt, Nigeria, cash excluding 5% VAT basis.
Another manufacturer also reported receiving import PP offers for March shipment from a regional supplier at $1280-1290/ton on a CFR Lagos, cash basis.
“Demand was good until the end of January, but it started to weaken as of February. In addition, problems in the import market still exist as the dollar parity is uncontrollably increasing at the black markets and the gap is widening between the official banks’ levels and the black market. Nowadays, banks aren’t providing dollars to the players,” added the converter.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia