Nigerian ELEME issues October PP, PE prices
Looking at new offer levels, they stand at NGN330,000/ton ($1665/ton) for HDPE film, NGN327,000/ton ($1649/ton) for HDPE blow moulding, NGN328,000/ton ($1654/ton) for HDPE injection, NGN320,000/ton ($1614/ton) for LLDPE c4 film, at NGN330,000/ton ($1665/ton) for LLDPE c4 injection, at NGN293,000/ton ($1478/ton) for PP raffia, NGN290,000/ton ($1463/ton) for PP injection and at NGN297,000-305,000/ton ($1498-1538/ton) for PPBC injection on ex-Port Harcourt, cash excluding 5% VAT.
A converter operating in Nigeria commented, “We prefer to meet our needs from the local producer as their prices are more competitive than the prices offered in the import market. Regarding our end product demand, we are not seeing healthy buying interest. We had previously made some purchases so, we are not rushing to make fresh purchases. If we need urgent cargoes, we prefer to meet our needs from the local market."
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally