Nigerian ELEME issues October PP, PE prices
Looking at new offer levels, they stand at NGN330,000/ton ($1665/ton) for HDPE film, NGN327,000/ton ($1649/ton) for HDPE blow moulding, NGN328,000/ton ($1654/ton) for HDPE injection, NGN320,000/ton ($1614/ton) for LLDPE c4 film, at NGN330,000/ton ($1665/ton) for LLDPE c4 injection, at NGN293,000/ton ($1478/ton) for PP raffia, NGN290,000/ton ($1463/ton) for PP injection and at NGN297,000-305,000/ton ($1498-1538/ton) for PPBC injection on ex-Port Harcourt, cash excluding 5% VAT.
A converter operating in Nigeria commented, “We prefer to meet our needs from the local producer as their prices are more competitive than the prices offered in the import market. Regarding our end product demand, we are not seeing healthy buying interest. We had previously made some purchases so, we are not rushing to make fresh purchases. If we need urgent cargoes, we prefer to meet our needs from the local market."
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops