Nigerian ELEME raises April PP, PE prices
During March, the producer, had come with initial increases of NGN30,000/ton ($151/ton) for PE and NGN30,000-40,000/ton ($151-201/ton) for PP. However, later in the month, they issued further increases of NGN30,000-35,000/ton ($151-176/ton) on their PE prices and of NGN20,000/ton ($100/ton) hikes on their PP offers when compared to their initial March levels. The producer blamed their consecutive March increases on limited supplies given their shutdown, which occurred due to a technical glitch and took around two weeks.
Coming to April, players in the country reported receiving new prices with NGN35,0000 ($176/ton) increases from their latest March levels.
Now, ELEME’s new prices stand at NGN455,000/ton ($2284/ton) for LLDPE film, at NGN465,000/ton ($2334/ton) for LLDPE injection, NGN456,000/ton ($2289/ton) for HDPE film, NGN453,000/ton ($2274/ton) for HDPE b/m, NGN454,000/ton ($2279/ton) for HDPE injection, NGN412,000-420,000/ton ($2068-2108/ton) for PPBC injection, NGN392,000/ton ($1967/ton) for PP raffia and at NGN389,000/ton ($1952/ton) for PP injection on an ex-Port Harcourt, Nigeria, cash excluding 5% VAT basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops