Nigerian distributor: Korean import PE prices more competitive
The distributor received Middle Eastern HDPE film at $1550/ton, LDPE film at $1560/ton and LLDPE film at $1530/ton on a CIF Lagos, Nigeria, 90 days basis. Meanwhile, they received South Korean HDPE film at $1500/ton, LDPE film at $1560/ton and LLDPE film at $1480/ton with the same terms. “South Korean HDPE and LLDPE film offers are more competitive,” he added. According to the distributor, South Korean offers are down $100/ton when compared with the latest offers they received from this country.
Meanwhile, the distributor also received PP prices from the Middle East with $100/ton drops at $1530/ton for PP raffia and injection and at $1530-1540/ton for PPBC injection with the same terms.
“We only received new prices from a major Saudi producer and we are yet to receive prices from other Middle Eastern producers. Considering lower crude oil and naphtha prices and competitive South Korean PE offers, we are expecting to see further decreases on prices. On another note, the Saudi producer’s quotas are sufficient and players are able to negotiate discounts, especially if they purchase in large volumes, because the producers are open to negotiations. Overall demand is not bad but the Christmas and New Year holidays may slow it down a bit.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months