Nigerian player: December imports lose ground
The producer’s new prices stand at $1150-1170/ton for LDPE and HDPE film and at $1000-1020/ton for PP raffia and injection CFR Lagos, Nigeria, cash subject to 10% customs duty.
“The producer’s new December offers recorded more than $100/ton decreases from November levels. Overall demand is slow and the local currency continues to lose ground against the US dollar, hampering import activities further and giving the local producer ELEME an advantage in terms of sales.”
Meanwhile, the local producer ELEME had issued their December PP and PE prices with rollovers from their November levels at the beginning of the month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect