Nigerian player: December imports lose ground
The producer’s new prices stand at $1150-1170/ton for LDPE and HDPE film and at $1000-1020/ton for PP raffia and injection CFR Lagos, Nigeria, cash subject to 10% customs duty.
“The producer’s new December offers recorded more than $100/ton decreases from November levels. Overall demand is slow and the local currency continues to lose ground against the US dollar, hampering import activities further and giving the local producer ELEME an advantage in terms of sales.”
Meanwhile, the local producer ELEME had issued their December PP and PE prices with rollovers from their November levels at the beginning of the month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Shipping costs show no sign of abating yet
- PP, PE gains extend into April but demand slips further in Africa
- Triple-digit hikes send Europe’s PP market to fresh all-time highs
- Turkey’s PET markets extend drops into April, pervaded by weak demand
- US PVC offers resurface at competitive levels in Egypt, Turkey
- China import PE prices extend losses into April on lower costs
- Bullish price environment continues in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Unexpected plant shutdown fails to cease local PP downturn in Indonesia
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?