Nigerian trader: PE supplies are not comfortable
So far, players pegged import Middle Eastern LDPE film offers at $1300/ton and LLDPE film offers at $1275/ton on CFR Lagos, Nigeria, cash basis.
In the local market, players have been waiting for ELEME’s new prices. The producer is yet to announce their new levels while some players comment that their end August levels are still valid.
The producer’s latest adjusted August levels stand at NGN335,000/ton ($1684/ton) for LLDPE c4 film, NGN345,000/ton ($1735/ton) for LLDPE c4 injection and HDPE film, NGN342,000/ton ($1719/ton) for HDPE b/m, NGN343,000/ton ($1724/ton) for HDPE injection, NGN313,000/ton ($1574/ton) for PP raffia and at NGN310,000/ton ($1559/ton) for PP injection, all on an ex-Port Harcourt city, Nigeria, cash excluding VAT basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will PVC prices ever come back to the pre-pandemic levels?
- Global petchem companies’ profits surge in Q1
- Polymer demand takes a heavy knock from deepening COVID crisis in India
- Stats: Turkey’s polymer imports rise to fresh records in Q1
- HDPE set to reach a plateau in Europe, LDPE fares better
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months