Nigerian trader: PE supplies are not comfortable
So far, players pegged import Middle Eastern LDPE film offers at $1300/ton and LLDPE film offers at $1275/ton on CFR Lagos, Nigeria, cash basis.
In the local market, players have been waiting for ELEME’s new prices. The producer is yet to announce their new levels while some players comment that their end August levels are still valid.
The producer’s latest adjusted August levels stand at NGN335,000/ton ($1684/ton) for LLDPE c4 film, NGN345,000/ton ($1735/ton) for LLDPE c4 injection and HDPE film, NGN342,000/ton ($1719/ton) for HDPE b/m, NGN343,000/ton ($1724/ton) for HDPE injection, NGN313,000/ton ($1574/ton) for PP raffia and at NGN310,000/ton ($1559/ton) for PP injection, all on an ex-Port Harcourt city, Nigeria, cash excluding VAT basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect