November PP, PE offers higher in Jordan, Lebanon
In Jordan, PP offers from a major producer were $30-50/ton higher from October while PE offers saw monthly increases of $50/ton.
These changes brought the latest prices to $1030/ton for PPH raffia and inj., $1050/ton for PPH film, $1070/ton for PPH fibre, $1120/ton for PPBC inj., $1020/ton for LLDPE C4 film, $1220/ton for LDPE film and $1070/ton for HDPE film, CIF Aqapa.
“PE allocations are lower compared to last month. Market dynamics are moderate and they are expected to weaken as we head into the end of the year,” a trader based in Amman said.
In Lebanon, the major Saudi producer increased offers PPH grades by $30/ton and by $10/ton for PPBC inj. and PPRC inj. as compared to October. For PE, the producer’s HDPE film and LLDPE film offers were higher by $10/ton while LDPE film and HDPE b/m offers saw a larger increase of $40/ton.
Accordingly, the latest offers were at $1010-1030/ton for PPH raffia and inj., $1110/ton for PPBC inj., $1190/ton for PPRC inj., $990/ton for LLDPE C4 film, $1210/ton for LDPE film, $1050/ton for HDPE film, and $1010/ton for HDPE b/m., CIF Beirut.
Market players held slightly different views on the current state of supply in Lebanon. However, most agreed that weak buying activities could offset supply limitations. “We are still waiting hear from other Middle Eastern suppliers,” a trader based in Fanar said, before adding that further hikes could be on the horizon.
A new countrywide movement restriction, from 9 pm to 5 am, took effect on November 2 in Lebanon. A five-day 24-hour nationwide lockdown will also be imposed in Jordan, starting from November 11. The process of the formation of a new government has kept the Lebanese economy in a state of crisis, compounded by the ongoing liquidity crisis. The COVID-19 the crisis has also taken a toll on Jordan’s economy, which is among the smallest in the Middle East. In its latest forecast for the Jordanian economy, the IMF said it expected a decline in GDP growth of 3% this year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Saudi PP, PE markets reverse course in Feb after 8 months, maintenance schedule busy in Mid-East
- Freight carriers aim to manage supply-demand balance by blanking more sailings
- PP and PE markets set to rebound from two-year lows in Europe
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year