November PX contracts settle in Asia following a long period
During the contract negotiations, Japan’s Idemitsu Kosan lowered its November PX contract two times by cumulative decrease of $30/ton from its initial nomination to $790/ton CFR while Japan’s JX Nippon Oil & Energy also revised its November PX contract down $40/ton from its initial nomination to $790/ton CFR. In addition, South Korea’s SK Global Chemical and S-Oil revised their November PX contract down $15/ton and $35/ton, respectively from their initial nominations both to $795/ton CFR.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets