November PX contracts settle in Asia following a long period
During the contract negotiations, Japan’s Idemitsu Kosan lowered its November PX contract two times by cumulative decrease of $30/ton from its initial nomination to $790/ton CFR while Japan’s JX Nippon Oil & Energy also revised its November PX contract down $40/ton from its initial nomination to $790/ton CFR. In addition, South Korea’s SK Global Chemical and S-Oil revised their November PX contract down $15/ton and $35/ton, respectively from their initial nominations both to $795/ton CFR.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe