November ethylene contracts settle in the US
The size of the decrease in November contracts exceeded the market expectations, which were calling for a decrease of 4-5 cent/lb ($88-110/ton).
The drop was attributed to improved stock availability following the end of turnarounds and some sellers’ efforts to deplete their inventories before the year ends.
In the US, spot ethylene prices were reported on the week at around 25 cents/lb ($551/ton),up 0.5 cent/lb ($11) from a week earlier but down by more than 2 cents/lb ($44/ton) from early November.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP and PE markets set to rebound from two-year lows in Europe
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets