November ethylene contracts settle in the US
The size of the decrease in November contracts exceeded the market expectations, which were calling for a decrease of 4-5 cent/lb ($88-110/ton).
The drop was attributed to improved stock availability following the end of turnarounds and some sellers’ efforts to deplete their inventories before the year ends.
In the US, spot ethylene prices were reported on the week at around 25 cents/lb ($551/ton),up 0.5 cent/lb ($11) from a week earlier but down by more than 2 cents/lb ($44/ton) from early November.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- SE Asian PP, PE markets look for direction amid tepid demand, rising freights
- European PS, ABS markets open 2022 on firm footing
- Asia PET prices extend gains into January
- China’s PVC exports hit records in 2021; challenge global suppliers
- Stats: Turkey’s PP, PE imports on track for record-setting year
- What to watch in 2022 in polymer markets?
- Turkey’s PE markets retain downtrend as 2021 ends
- Asian PP, PE markets to start 2022 on a bearish note
- PET bottle prices rise 40% in 2021 across Asia
- Egypt’s PVC markets set to end 2021 on weaker footing