November styrene contract settles in Europe
In Europe, spot styrene prices rose $120/ton on an FOB NWE basis throughout October owing to the supply constraints stemming from Shell’s force majeure in Moerdijk.
Prior to the styrene settlement, the November benzene contracts were concluded at €935/ton ($1168/ton) CIF ARA. The settlement figure represented a decrease of €110/ton ($137/ton) from October.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June