OPEC agrees not to curb production to defend market share
Ahead of the meeting in Vienna, Iran’s Oil Minister Bijan Zangeneh had reported that they are not considering limiting oil production in order to stabilize oil markets in 2016. On the contrary, they were planning to increase their oil output by around 1 million bpd after the expected lifting of international sanctions next year. Saudi Arabia had also reported they would consider a cut only if OPEC members, Iraq and Iran and non-OPEC members agreed to cooperate, adding that they are not feeling obliged to cut output despite a slump in oil prices.
According to a Reuter’s survey, OPEC’s oil production increased to 31.77 million bpd from 31.64 million bpd in October.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET prices weaken further in Asia and Mediterranean
- Vietnam PP market yet to respond to faltering upturn in China
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low