OPEC agrees to curb output, crude oil prices soar
January ICE Brent futures for January moved above the threshold of $50 per barrel on Wednesday’s daily trading after closing Tuesday at $46.38/ton. WTI futures on NYMEX soared as well to push near the $49/bbl level while February futures moved above it in daily trading.
OPEC will cut production by 1.2 million barrels a day to 32.5 million a day, according to Bloomberg. The meeting is still proceeding at the time of press with no official announcement about the details of who will cut by how much.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets
- European PVC producers ungenerous in Turkey: Prices up 21% in a month