OPEC agrees to curb output, crude oil prices soar
January ICE Brent futures for January moved above the threshold of $50 per barrel on Wednesday’s daily trading after closing Tuesday at $46.38/ton. WTI futures on NYMEX soared as well to push near the $49/bbl level while February futures moved above it in daily trading.
OPEC will cut production by 1.2 million barrels a day to 32.5 million a day, according to Bloomberg. The meeting is still proceeding at the time of press with no official announcement about the details of who will cut by how much.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs
- China gears up for new PP start-ups in H2 2019