OPEC agrees to curb output, crude oil prices soar
January ICE Brent futures for January moved above the threshold of $50 per barrel on Wednesday’s daily trading after closing Tuesday at $46.38/ton. WTI futures on NYMEX soared as well to push near the $49/bbl level while February futures moved above it in daily trading.
OPEC will cut production by 1.2 million barrels a day to 32.5 million a day, according to Bloomberg. The meeting is still proceeding at the time of press with no official announcement about the details of who will cut by how much.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightening supplies embolden PP producers to hike prices in SE Asia
- European PP, PE lose premium over global markets, what lies ahead?
- Turkey’s PVC market in flux amid calm demand, reduced supply
- China PE markets cautiously rebound after 5-month downtrend
- Taiwanese major’s Oct PVC pricing cuts surprise Asian markets
- PP, PE recovery elusive yet in India but seasonal strength round the corner
- Container freight rate slump deepens as weak demand seems here to stay
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets track opposite directions in September
- European PVC pricing offers mixed bag for September
- China’s PP and PE downfall continues despite reduced run rates