OPEC agrees to curb output, crude oil prices soar
January ICE Brent futures for January moved above the threshold of $50 per barrel on Wednesday’s daily trading after closing Tuesday at $46.38/ton. WTI futures on NYMEX soared as well to push near the $49/bbl level while February futures moved above it in daily trading.
OPEC will cut production by 1.2 million barrels a day to 32.5 million a day, according to Bloomberg. The meeting is still proceeding at the time of press with no official announcement about the details of who will cut by how much.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount
- Bearish trend persists in July for PP, PE in Mid-East, Africa