OPEC agrees to curb output, crude oil prices soar
January ICE Brent futures for January moved above the threshold of $50 per barrel on Wednesday’s daily trading after closing Tuesday at $46.38/ton. WTI futures on NYMEX soared as well to push near the $49/bbl level while February futures moved above it in daily trading.
OPEC will cut production by 1.2 million barrels a day to 32.5 million a day, according to Bloomberg. The meeting is still proceeding at the time of press with no official announcement about the details of who will cut by how much.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia