OPEC expects stability in oil prices in 2016
In line with the cartel’s expectations ,which call for higher oil consumption in China and other developing countries, Badri also stated that additional oil supplies from Iran would not put downward pressure on oil prices as the global oil markets can accommodate extra supply.
Meanwhile, OPEC and Russia have decided not to cut oil production, although some OPEC delegates have expressed their concerns over the recent fall in prices. Badri said that even if OPEC cut production by 2 million bpd, it would not result in higher oil prices.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers