OPEC keeps oil output rate unchanged, approves Indonesia as member
In addition, the group has approved Indonesia’s application to rejoin the oil exporters group, according to a statement from Indonesia’s energy ministry. In 2008, the group had agreed to suspend Indonesia’s membership upon the country’s request. Indonesia’s Energy Ministry reportedly stated that Saudi Arabia, Indonesia’s top crude supplier, fully supported their re-accession into OPEC.
Saudi Arabia’s Oil Minister Ali al-Naimi also called on state oil company Saudi Aramco to invest in Indonesia’s downstream market. The United Arab Emirates has also offered to supply crude oil and fuel to Indonesia via Mubadala Petroleum while Iraq stated that they are open to seeing more investments from Indonesia.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Longest-ever rally staggers in Turkey’s PVC market
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record