OPEC oil cut decision likely to extend beyond 2017
However, doubts remain that a possible extension might not work to keep global crude oil stocks and prices in balance as the US signals it will increase its production and Iran is planning to raise its daily production to 5.7 million barrels.
The OPEC countries agreed on reducing oil production for six months last November to improve global oil prices. The group will meet on May 25 in Vienna again to discuss a possible extension of the deal, which is highly likely according to many analysts.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September