OPEC’s oil production falls in February: Reuters survey
Among the member states, the biggest drop in oil output was seen Iraq as the pipeline carrying crude from the Kurdish region was shut on February 17 and is expected to remain offline until the middle of March. Output in Nigeria fell as SHELL Petroleum Development Company Limited (SPDC) declared a force majeure on Forcados oil terminal after oil production was disrupted by a pipeline spill. Oil production in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), meanwhile, declined due to field maintenance, including at the Murban oil field.
Saudi Arabia’s oil production mostly remained unchanged at 10.2 million bpd, which indicated the country’s positive stance towards a proposed output freeze agreement with Qatar, Venezuela, Kuwait and Russia. However, Iran has raised its oil production by 200,000 bpd since December, according to the Reuters survey, while Iranian officials claim that the country has boosted exports by 500,000 bpd.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion