OPEC sees stronger demand for crude oil in 2017
Global oil demand will increase by 1.2 million bpd next year to reach an average of 95.3 million bpd in line with stronger demand especially from emerging economies such as India and China. Non-OPEC oil production will fall by 100,000 bpd to 55.9 million bpd, according to OPEC.
OPEC will need to produce about 33 million barrels of oil per day next year, up 142,000 bpd from June, according to the cartel’s new assessment. OPEC’s crude oil production rose by 264,100 bpd to 32.858 million bpd in June.
Meanwhile, OPEC welcomed Gabon’s resumed membership on June 30.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China’s PET markets extend rebound on firmer costs
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread at almost 7-year low
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high