OPEC yet to reach oil output decision, waits on Russia
Saudi Arabia, the de facto leader of the group, reportedly proposed a modest production cut of around 1 million barrels/day from OPEC and non-OPEC members, in a bid to rebalance oil prices without causing a shock in the market.
The ten non-OPEC oil-producing nations, fronted by Russia, are expected to join the cartel for discussions to work out the details of their plan to reduce oil production on December 7.
The opening session of the group’s meeting in Vienna sent WTI and Brent crude oil prices to as low as $50.23 barrels/day and $58.36 barrels/day, respectively during intra-day sessions.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP markets in China, Vietnam hit 3-year lows, readying to test new lows
- African PE, PP markets extend slide into May
- Asian PS, ABS markets at 2½-3-year lows amid Chinese oversupply
- India’s Q1 PVC imports hit record-high; did buyers rush to stock up before expected restrictions?
- LDPE prices move below LLDPE, HDPE on global lethargy
- Slide deepens in Middle Eastern PP, PE markets through May
- Oil prices down for fourth straight week, delicate balance ahead
- European ABS under pressure from aggressive imports, PS holds firm
- Türkiye witnesses plentiful PE offers amid globally weak demand
- India PP, PE markets’ slump extends into third month ahead of monsoon