October MEG contracts continue to be nominated in Asia
Shell nominated its October MEG contracts at $1110/ton, up $80/ton from September. SABIC, announced its new contract price at $1090/ton, up $90/ton from the previous month.
Earlier this week, MEGlobal nominated its October contracts at $1100/ton CFR Asia, up $70/ton from September. Now, ExxonMobil is left for its announcement.
However, in Asia, spot MEG prices were last reported at around $930/ton on a CFR China basis, down $30/ton from early September.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia