October ethylene contracts settle in the US
In the US, spot ethylene prices were reported on the week at around 24-28 cents/lb ($529-617/ton), down 4 cents/lb ($88/ton) from a week earlier.
Market expectations were calling for a rollover to 2 cent/lb ($44/ton) drop for the October ethylene contract in the US.
The drop was attributed to sellers looking to lower inventories before the year-end and maintenance works about to finish.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP demand fares better than PE in Turkey
- Taiwanese major poised to come lower for a 3rd month to Asian PVC markets
- Covid concerns loom large in China, hitting demand and supply-chain
- Egypt’s PVC markets extend drops into January
- SE Asian PP, PE markets look for direction amid tepid demand, rising freights
- European PS, ABS markets open 2022 on firm footing
- Asia PET prices extend gains into January
- China’s PVC exports hit records in 2021; challenge global suppliers
- Stats: Turkey’s PP, PE imports on track for record-setting year
- What to watch in 2022 in polymer markets?