October ethylene, propylene contracts settle in Europe
In Europe, spot ethylene prices are currently reported at around €1031/ton FD NWE ($1209/ton with recent parity), up €34/ton ($40/ton with recent parity) from a week earlier.
New October propylene contract in Europe stands at €860/ton ($1008/ton with recent parity) FD NWE and indicates an increase of €30/ton ($35/ton with recent parity) over September settlement.
In Europe, spot propylene prices are currently reported at around €850/ton FD NWE ($996/ton with recent parity), up €5/ton ($6/ton with recent parity) from a week earlier.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets