October expectations shaping up in the European PVC market
A distributor based in Switzerland concluded some deals for West and Central European PVC with rollovers from last month. The seller commented, “The market is calm and buyers are purchasing on a needs only basis. For October, we are anticipating a mainly stable trend, assuming that feedstock costs aren’t hinting at any major changes.”
In Italy, a distributor sold West European PVC at stable levels for September and stated that demand is sluggish due to the slow end product business. Regarding the October outlook, the seller is projecting a mostly steady trend with possible decreases, commenting that the PVC market might not support any increases.
A pipe producer reported receiving stable September offers for European material, but elected to buy Mexican PVC from the import market. He stated that demand is calm and he expects to see a stable trend in October as well. A compounder made some purchases from his regular European suppliers with rollovers for September. “Our end product demand is stagnant so we are cautious with our purchases. For October, we think that PVC prices will remain mostly stable as suppliers won’t be able to issue any increases considering thin buying interest,” he noted.
A packaging producer in Germany reported that he is still negotiating with his suppliers for his September PVC contracts and he expects to close his deals with rollovers from last month. For October, the buyer expects to see a downward trend, commenting that demand isn’t strong in the pipe sector and the market isn’t supporting any increases.
A pipe and profile producer in the Netherlands obtained slight discounts of €10/ton for his spot purchases. The buyer received flat offers for September PVC contracts, but he is negotiating to achieve slight reductions from the contract market as well. The buyer reported, “Demand is good in the Benelux, Germany and France. For October, one of our suppliers told us that ethylene costs will increase, but we think that the outlook is rather soft.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s stormy week: Hike attempts emerge after 4 months in PP, PE markets
- PVC markets fail to extend gains to Oct on economic woes, low demand in Asia
- Sentiment cautiously rebounds in Asian PP, PE markets
- Asian monomer markets react after crude oil surge
- September hikes meet resistance for ABS in Europe
- Turkey’s import PP market slumps to 3-year low on supply glut, low demand
- Import PVC demand dampened in Europe, Turkey; will it improve in H2?
- Chinese PET producers attempt for hikes first time since July
- Uptrend in spot styrene prices curtailed in Asia
- Spot LDPE, LLDPE prices hit a decade low in Italy