Oil and gas drilling from GCC reaches record high
Rig count increased by 50 since mid-2014, when oil prices started to fall, and has doubled in the last 5 years. The Arabian Peninsula has about 30% of all active rigs excluding those operating in North America.
Saudi Arabia had 127 active rigs in March, 67 of which were drilling for oil while the other 60 are drilling for gas. Some analysts suggested that Saudi Arabia aims to increase its share in the global oil market and is reportedly considering reviving a previously abandoned plan to expand its oil capacity from 12.5 million to 15.0 million barrels per day (bpd).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September