Oil prices drop near to seven-year low
The OPEC countries refrained from cutting its output target at the group’s meeting in Vienna. The group is currently producing around 31.5 million barrels per day (bpd) and has persistently remained above its most recent production target of 30 million bpd. No new production target or policy guidance emerged from the group’s latest meeting.
However, oil prices regained some lost ground in intraday trading today due to China’s crude oil import data for November, which indicated a higher than expected increase of 8.7% to reach 6.61 million bpd in the first eleven months of the year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- March PE expectations in Turkey weighed by new capacities, cooling demand
- PP prices hit 4-year low in China as demand remains minimal
- Taiwanese major’s March PVC offers to Asia up despite virus fears
- Virus-impacted demand inflicts toll on Vietnam's PE market
- HDPE fails to track firmer trend of LD, LLDPE in Europe
- China’s ABS market on soft path dragged by subdued demand
- Softening trend prevails in SEA PP market as virus fears dampen sentiment
- Chinese producers cut PET offers further amid coronavirus outbreak
- Oil and petchem companies’ earnings hit by falling margins in 2019
- Will February PP hikes prove workable in Europe?