Oil prices drop near to seven-year low
The OPEC countries refrained from cutting its output target at the group’s meeting in Vienna. The group is currently producing around 31.5 million barrels per day (bpd) and has persistently remained above its most recent production target of 30 million bpd. No new production target or policy guidance emerged from the group’s latest meeting.
However, oil prices regained some lost ground in intraday trading today due to China’s crude oil import data for November, which indicated a higher than expected increase of 8.7% to reach 6.61 million bpd in the first eleven months of the year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Shipping costs show no sign of abating yet
- PP, PE gains extend into April but demand slips further in Africa
- Triple-digit hikes send Europe’s PP market to fresh all-time highs
- Turkey’s PET markets extend drops into April, pervaded by weak demand
- US PVC offers resurface at competitive levels in Egypt, Turkey
- China import PE prices extend losses into April on lower costs
- Bullish price environment continues in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Unexpected plant shutdown fails to cease local PP downturn in Indonesia
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?