Oil prices may fall by $15/barrel on final Iranian deal: EIA
According to the EIA, Iran currently has an oil stockpile of 30 million barrels and the country is likely to increase oil production in the event that sanctions are lifted. According to Bloomberg, Iran had an oil production of 2.85 million barrels per day (bpd) in March and may increase oil production by 700,000 bpd by the end of 2016. The EIA predicts that oil prices will average around $70/barrel on NYMEX on $75/ton on Brent assuming no lifting of sanctions against Iran.
Meanwhile, news reports of Saudi Arabia’s record high oil production are also increasing concerns about a global oil glut. According to media reports, recent data showed that Saudi Arabia posted record high oil production in March with 10.3 million bpd.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Longest-ever rally staggers in Turkey’s PVC market
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record