Oil prices may fall by $15/barrel on final Iranian deal: EIA
According to the EIA, Iran currently has an oil stockpile of 30 million barrels and the country is likely to increase oil production in the event that sanctions are lifted. According to Bloomberg, Iran had an oil production of 2.85 million barrels per day (bpd) in March and may increase oil production by 700,000 bpd by the end of 2016. The EIA predicts that oil prices will average around $70/barrel on NYMEX on $75/ton on Brent assuming no lifting of sanctions against Iran.
Meanwhile, news reports of Saudi Arabia’s record high oil production are also increasing concerns about a global oil glut. According to media reports, recent data showed that Saudi Arabia posted record high oil production in March with 10.3 million bpd.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets