Oil prices may see $20/barrel: Goldman Sachs
The investment bank cut its forecast for West Texas Intermediate (WTI) oil prices to $45/barrel for 2016 from its earlier estimate of $57/barrel reported in May. According to the bank, Brent oil prices could also decline to $49.50/barrel in 2016, down from its previous projection of $62/barrel. The bank added that prices could potentially drop down to $20/barrel if no actions are taken to rebalance the market.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia