Oil prices may see $20/barrel: Goldman Sachs
The investment bank cut its forecast for West Texas Intermediate (WTI) oil prices to $45/barrel for 2016 from its earlier estimate of $57/barrel reported in May. According to the bank, Brent oil prices could also decline to $49.50/barrel in 2016, down from its previous projection of $62/barrel. The bank added that prices could potentially drop down to $20/barrel if no actions are taken to rebalance the market.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market extends drops on competitive US cargos, lukewarm demand
- Vietnam’s import PP raffia market hits lowest since late 2016
- Spot styrene prices in Europe find mild support from upcoming turnarounds
- Export PET prices from China signal stabilization after 6 weeks of declines
- SEA PE market remains under pressure from flood of competitive US offers
- PS markets plunge to 3-year low in China, SEA
- Yuan devaluation sends import LLDPE, HDPE back to 10-year low in China
- PET markets hit two-year low in China, SEA
- Naphtha hits lowest of 2 years in Europe, 8 months in Asia; eyes on oil
- Downturn halts in Europe’s PP, PE and PVC markets ahead of holidays