Oman may partially privatize Oman Oil Refineries
Under the privatization plan, to which the Ministry of Finance has already given initial approval, the government may offer 15-20% of Orpic to the public following the conclusion of an expansion plan in 2016. Orpic’s Sohar refinery and Mina al-Fahal refinery have processing capacities of 116,000 barrels per day (bpd) and 106,400 bpd, respectively while the company also operates aromatics and PP plants at the Sohar refining and petrochemicals complex.
Meanwhile, under the same privatization plan, the government also plans to sell a part of its Abraj Energy Services unit, which provides engineering and well services and operates a fleet of eleven land rigs.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upward trend gains momentum in China's import PP, PE markets
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF