Oman postpones VAT implementation
The delay in implementation of the selective tax will reportedly provide more time for Oman’s businesses to prepare for the new system.
Earlier this month, all Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries mutually agreed to adopt a new VAT framework in order to boost state revenues by the beginning of 2018.
Accordingly, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates are set to impose 5% VAT starting from January 1, 2018 in a move to diversify revenue sources amid lower oil prices. The other Gulf countries, meanwhile, have been slow to determine an exact date for the application.
However, no further details have been given by the Omani authorities at the time of press.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Europe’s dumping case on US and Egyptian PVC: A look at early reactions and possible impacts on trade flows
- Aggressive US PE prices find way to Türkiye, Africa amid year-end stock clearing
- PLAST EURASIA 2023: Players discuss PP, PE outlook amid financial challenges
- Stats: India’s Jan-Sep PVC imports surge, China takes the lion’s share despite safeguard investigation
- Sentiment weakens across African PP, PE markets in November
- HDPE film drops faster than other two main PE film grades in China
- PE prices see larger drops than C2 in Italy, unlike West Europe
- Weak demand sends Türkiye’s styrenics markets to multi-month lows
- Bearish sentiment spills over to Middle Eastern PP, PE markets in November
- Dull demand dents PE outlook in SE Asia for rest of year