Oman postpones VAT implementation
The delay in implementation of the selective tax will reportedly provide more time for Oman’s businesses to prepare for the new system.
Earlier this month, all Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries mutually agreed to adopt a new VAT framework in order to boost state revenues by the beginning of 2018.
Accordingly, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates are set to impose 5% VAT starting from January 1, 2018 in a move to diversify revenue sources amid lower oil prices. The other Gulf countries, meanwhile, have been slow to determine an exact date for the application.
However, no further details have been given by the Omani authorities at the time of press.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm