Oman’s Orpic finalizes prequalification process for Liwa project
Previously the company announced that they awarded two contracts for the construction of the project. Accordingly, Engineers India Limited of New Delhi will operate the project management company while the contract for the front-end engineering and design (FEED) was given to Chicago Bridge & Iron.
The company’s Liwa complex is expected to house an 800,000 tons/year steam cracker, a 300,000 tons/year HDPE plant, a 420,000 tons/year LDPE plant, a 500,000 tons/year LLDPE plant and a 215,000 tons/year PP plant.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Post-holiday hikes carry China homo-PP market to 1-year high
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November
- Southeast Asia PET markets move sideways during China’s absence
- Egypt’s import PE market up on tight supply, domestic offers follow suit
- Will European PS, ABS track divergent paths for another month?
- Turkey PP and PE regain premium over China, LDPE fails to make a sprint