Oman’s Orpic finalizes prequalification process for Liwa project
Previously the company announced that they awarded two contracts for the construction of the project. Accordingly, Engineers India Limited of New Delhi will operate the project management company while the contract for the front-end engineering and design (FEED) was given to Chicago Bridge & Iron.
The company’s Liwa complex is expected to house an 800,000 tons/year steam cracker, a 300,000 tons/year HDPE plant, a 420,000 tons/year LDPE plant, a 500,000 tons/year LLDPE plant and a 215,000 tons/year PP plant.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets