Oman’s Orpic finalizes prequalification process for Liwa project
Previously the company announced that they awarded two contracts for the construction of the project. Accordingly, Engineers India Limited of New Delhi will operate the project management company while the contract for the front-end engineering and design (FEED) was given to Chicago Bridge & Iron.
The company’s Liwa complex is expected to house an 800,000 tons/year steam cracker, a 300,000 tons/year HDPE plant, a 420,000 tons/year LDPE plant, a 500,000 tons/year LLDPE plant and a 215,000 tons/year PP plant.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe
- Import PVC prices near all-time highs in India, disparity with China/SEA grows
- PP, PE supplies rise in China; demand lags behind expectations despite peak season
- Stats: China’s July PE imports increase after 3 months of declines
- Will Asia’s PS markets follow ABS higher on cost support?
- Sept PET expectations diverge in shade of opposite factors in Europe
- Tightness keeps European PVC firm; projections for Sept voiced