Oman’s Orpic finalizes prequalification process for Liwa project
Previously the company announced that they awarded two contracts for the construction of the project. Accordingly, Engineers India Limited of New Delhi will operate the project management company while the contract for the front-end engineering and design (FEED) was given to Chicago Bridge & Iron.
The company’s Liwa complex is expected to house an 800,000 tons/year steam cracker, a 300,000 tons/year HDPE plant, a 420,000 tons/year LDPE plant, a 500,000 tons/year LLDPE plant and a 215,000 tons/year PP plant.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey PP, PE markets extending uptrend into December
- Rising energy and feedstock prices prompt further gains in Asia PET markets
- Upward trend gains momentum in China's import PP, PE markets
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness