Oman’s Orpic makes first step to realize petchem project in Sohar
The project will be constructed at Orpic’s petrochemical complex in Sohar, sources said.
It will reportedly have a steam cracker with a capacity of 800,000 tons/year, a linear low density polyethylene (LLDPE) unit with a capacity of 440,000 tons/year, a high density polyethylene (HDPE) unit with a capacity of 440,000 tons/year and a polypropylene (PP) unit with a capacity of 400,000 tons/year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- West African PP, PE markets remain strong in October
- European players evaluate impact of energy surcharge on polymer markets
- Global PET markets surge on heels of costs, tightness
- SE Asia PP uptrend fueled by China’s strong return
- US PE offers back in the game in global markets
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise to 5-month high in October
- Oct PE pricing under discussion amid rising costs, tepid demand in Europe
- Crude at multi-year highs contributes to a perfect storm in polymers
- An enduring challenge: Unprecedented times in PVC markets
- Saudi major opts for firm Oct pricing in both local and export polyolefin markets