Oman’s Orpic makes first step to realize petchem project in Sohar
The project will be constructed at Orpic’s petrochemical complex in Sohar, sources said.
It will reportedly have a steam cracker with a capacity of 800,000 tons/year, a linear low density polyethylene (LLDPE) unit with a capacity of 440,000 tons/year, a high density polyethylene (HDPE) unit with a capacity of 440,000 tons/year and a polypropylene (PP) unit with a capacity of 400,000 tons/year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Indian PVC players expect bullish trend to taper off for August
- Local PP, PE offers for July track global uptrend in Saudi Arabia
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?