Oman’s Orpic makes first step to realize petchem project in Sohar
The project will be constructed at Orpic’s petrochemical complex in Sohar, sources said.
It will reportedly have a steam cracker with a capacity of 800,000 tons/year, a linear low density polyethylene (LLDPE) unit with a capacity of 440,000 tons/year, a high density polyethylene (HDPE) unit with a capacity of 440,000 tons/year and a polypropylene (PP) unit with a capacity of 400,000 tons/year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports