Oman’s Orpic makes first step to realize petchem project in Sohar
The project will be constructed at Orpic’s petrochemical complex in Sohar, sources said.
It will reportedly have a steam cracker with a capacity of 800,000 tons/year, a linear low density polyethylene (LLDPE) unit with a capacity of 440,000 tons/year, a high density polyethylene (HDPE) unit with a capacity of 440,000 tons/year and a polypropylene (PP) unit with a capacity of 400,000 tons/year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China PP, PE markets join global rally after Lunar New Year holiday
- PE, PP and PVC supply crunch exacerbated on US absence, traditional trade flows upended
- European PP, PE markets set for 5th bullish month as shortage bites
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?
- Global shipping turmoil deepens, adding to the upheaval in plastic resins
- China’s post-holiday polymer outlook supported by supply limitations, crude oil
- US PE exports hit record high for 2020 despite production and logistics hurdles