Oman’s Orpic to complete expansion at Sohar site by end-2016
The refinery’s capacity is expected to increase by 82,000 barrels per day (bpd) on top of its existing capacity of 116,000 bpd, bringing the total capacity to 198,000 bpd. This will increase the site’s naphtha capacity by 159% and propylene capacity by 56%.
Musab Al Mahruqi also added that the company’s Liwa Plastic Industries Complex (LPIC) project is now in Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) phase and it is scheduled to be commissioned in 2020. The project is expected to have a production capacity of 1.2 million tons of polymers per year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets
- European PVC producers ungenerous in Turkey: Prices up 21% in a month