Oman’s Orpic to complete expansion at Sohar site by end-2016
The refinery’s capacity is expected to increase by 82,000 barrels per day (bpd) on top of its existing capacity of 116,000 bpd, bringing the total capacity to 198,000 bpd. This will increase the site’s naphtha capacity by 159% and propylene capacity by 56%.
Musab Al Mahruqi also added that the company’s Liwa Plastic Industries Complex (LPIC) project is now in Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) phase and it is scheduled to be commissioned in 2020. The project is expected to have a production capacity of 1.2 million tons of polymers per year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open post-Eid period with a cautious tone
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?