Oman to participate in GCC VAT in 2018
Recently, IMF has recommended to all GCC countries to revise their existing tax systems and implement additional taxes to deal with the reductions in government revenues that result from the decline in oil prices and to strengthen their financial systems. As a result, GCC, which involves Saudi Arabia, The United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar and Oman, agreed on a common VAT rate of 5%.
GCC countries will start implementing the new tax regime as of January 1, 2018.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops
- Tight supply keeps expectations bullish in Turkey’s PVC market
- End of China’s ‘zero-COVID’ stance: Double-edged sword for Asia PVC, PP and PE markets