Oman to participate in GCC VAT in 2018
Recently, IMF has recommended to all GCC countries to revise their existing tax systems and implement additional taxes to deal with the reductions in government revenues that result from the decline in oil prices and to strengthen their financial systems. As a result, GCC, which involves Saudi Arabia, The United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar and Oman, agreed on a common VAT rate of 5%.
GCC countries will start implementing the new tax regime as of January 1, 2018.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect
- East African PP, PE markets on rise for July but deals still scarce