Output freeze to be discussed at next OPEC meeting
Oil producing nations had discussed a possible outpur freeze at their last meeting on April 17 in Doha, Qatar, although no agreement was reached as Saudi Arabia insisted on participation of all OPEC members, including Iran, in any output freeze deal. A preliminary deal on freezing output at January levels was signed between Russia, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Venezuela in February, which helped oil prices to recover from a 12 year-low.
Nigeria’s oil minister told that they are going to attend talks with Saudi Arabia, Iran and other producers in May, adding that they remain hopeful about reaching an agreement in June.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread at almost 7-year low
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand