PAGEV: Turkey’s plastic packaging production up 3.2% in 2015
PAGEV also reported that plastic packaging consumption per capita was 39 kg, representing an average value of $141. Domestic consumption rose 0.8% on the year to 3.42 million tons in 2015; however the value of this consumption fell 10.3% year over year to $11.12 billion last year.
Plastics packaging exports, meanwhile, rose 12.3% to 811,000 tons in 2015 while value of these exports declined 5.4% to $2.23 billion in 2015. The sector’s main export destinations were Germany, the UK, Iraq, France and Italy.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe