PAGEV: Turkey’s plastic packaging sector grows 1.4% in H1
In the domestic market, Turkey’s plastic packaging consumption followed a stable trend compared with the same period of last year, with consumption reaching 1.548 million tons while the value of this consumption declined 13.9% to $5.572 billion. 14% of domestic consumption was met by imports.
According to PAGEV data, Turkey’s plastics packaging exports rose 10.2% compared with the same period of last year while the value of these exports posted a decrease of 7.8% to retreat $1.069 billion. 22% of Turkey’s total production was exported in the January-June period.
The head of PAGEV, Yavuz Eroğlu, reported that it is important for Turkey that Iraq again ranked the first in the list of the main export destinations of Turkey. In the first six months of the year, Iraq was followed by the UK and Germany in the list of the main importers of Turkish plastic packaging. The trade deficit in the plastics packaging sector, meanwhile, rose 16.3% in the first half of this year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount