PAGEV: Turkey’s plastics sector grows 8% in H1
In the January-June period, production of packaging plastics held the largest share with 1.85 million tons, followed by plastic construction materials with 1.02 million tons.
The data also revealed that Turkey’s plastics exports followed a mostly stable trend in the first six months from a year earlier, with exports reaching 784,000 tons with a value of $2.1 billion. Iraq was the main export destination of Turkey with 89.000 tons, followed by Germany with 49,000 tons and the UK with 40,000 tons. According to PAGEV, Turkey’s plastic sector rose to sixth place in the world while maintaining its position at second place in Europe.
Yavuz Eroglu, President of PAGEV, reported that growth in the plastics sector was driven by stronger household spending and higher public expenditures. According to Eroglu, Turkey’s plastics exports will increase in the second half of the year in line with improving relations with Russia.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread at almost 7-year low
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand