PAGEV: Turkey’s plastics sector grows in 2016
In 2016, production of packaging plastics held the largest share with 3.5 million tons, followed by plastic construction materials with 1.9 million tons.
The data revealed that Turkey’s plastics exports, meanwhile, decreased by 2% in 2016 year-on-year to 1.5 million tons with a value of $4.1 billion. Iraq was the main export destination of Turkey, followed by Germany, the UK, France and Israel.
Yavuz Eroglu, President of PAGEV, reported that growth in the plastics sector was mainly driven by domestic consumption and indirect exports. He also stated that the sector continued to grow despite the impacts of negative developments within the country and in the world on the plastic sector as well as the fall in commodity prices and the ongoing wars in the country’s most important export markets.
According to Eroglu, Turkey’s plastics sector will grow by at least 4% in 2017.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe