PE heads south in Nigeria
The distributor obtained $110-120/ton drops for LDPE film at $1220/ton on a CFR Lagos, Nigeria, 90 days basis while they received $160/ton cuts at $1180/ton for LLDPE and HDPE film with the same terms.
“We received softer PE prices this month while the general market sentiment is still soft and prices are still open to negotiation. One of the reasons for the softer market sentiment is the general elections in the country, which will take place on February 14.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia