PE heads south in Nigeria
The distributor obtained $110-120/ton drops for LDPE film at $1220/ton on a CFR Lagos, Nigeria, 90 days basis while they received $160/ton cuts at $1180/ton for LLDPE and HDPE film with the same terms.
“We received softer PE prices this month while the general market sentiment is still soft and prices are still open to negotiation. One of the reasons for the softer market sentiment is the general elections in the country, which will take place on February 14.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high
- Sept PP, PE trend begins to take shape in Saudi Arabia
- Sept expectations voiced in Europe; ABS draws rosier picture than PS