PE players make predictions for awaited C2 contracts in Europe
In Italy, a distributor concluded some deals for West European PE with increases between €10-30/ton from August while conceding to rollovers for HDPE injection. The seller’s done deal levels are at €1280-1300/ton for LDPE film and at €1300-1320/ton for HDPE blow moulding and injection FD, 60 days. “Our HDPE blow moulding supply is quite short as our supplier’s plant is still offline and they are supplying to their regular customers. Meanwhile, our HDPE injection availability is comfortable,” he noted.
Another distributor concluded some September deals at €1270-1280/ton for LDPE film and HDPE injection and at €1300-1320/ton for HDPE blow moulding FD, 60 days. The seller reported that his sales were satisfactory this month and his supplier expects October ethylene contracts to settle with rollovers from September.
In Germany, a distributor applied increases of €30/ton on his September prices and concluded some deals at €1250-1300/ton for HDPE film and blow moulding, at €1200-1230/ton for LLDPE c4 film and at €1300-1340/ton for LDPE film, all on an FD, 60 days deferred payment. The seller commented that his LDPE supply was a bit tight this month while demand wasn’t encouraging. According to him, ethylene contracts are likely to settle with rollovers for October.
A compounder bought West European HDPE film at €1220-1240/ton FD, 60 days and reported that the most recent PE offers he received registered slight downward adjustments compared to the prices he paid two weeks ago. The buyer said that he didn’t purchase any extra volumes as he expects PE prices to emerge mostly with rollovers for October.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion