PE players make predictions for awaited C2 contracts in Europe
In Italy, a distributor concluded some deals for West European PE with increases between €10-30/ton from August while conceding to rollovers for HDPE injection. The seller’s done deal levels are at €1280-1300/ton for LDPE film and at €1300-1320/ton for HDPE blow moulding and injection FD, 60 days. “Our HDPE blow moulding supply is quite short as our supplier’s plant is still offline and they are supplying to their regular customers. Meanwhile, our HDPE injection availability is comfortable,” he noted.
Another distributor concluded some September deals at €1270-1280/ton for LDPE film and HDPE injection and at €1300-1320/ton for HDPE blow moulding FD, 60 days. The seller reported that his sales were satisfactory this month and his supplier expects October ethylene contracts to settle with rollovers from September.
In Germany, a distributor applied increases of €30/ton on his September prices and concluded some deals at €1250-1300/ton for HDPE film and blow moulding, at €1200-1230/ton for LLDPE c4 film and at €1300-1340/ton for LDPE film, all on an FD, 60 days deferred payment. The seller commented that his LDPE supply was a bit tight this month while demand wasn’t encouraging. According to him, ethylene contracts are likely to settle with rollovers for October.
A compounder bought West European HDPE film at €1220-1240/ton FD, 60 days and reported that the most recent PE offers he received registered slight downward adjustments compared to the prices he paid two weeks ago. The buyer said that he didn’t purchase any extra volumes as he expects PE prices to emerge mostly with rollovers for October.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs
- China gears up for new PP start-ups in H2 2019