PE sellers adopt divergent pricing policies for Jan in China, SE Asia
In China, initial January PE offers both from Asia and the Middle East emerged lower despite rising ethylene prices and firmer LLDPE futures. The softening was attributed to weak demand in the off-season as well as the news that delayed shipments from Iran are expected to arrive in China next month.
A converter reported that he received $20-30/ton softer PE prices for Qatari and Saudi origins for January. “Chinese buyers mostly expect PE prices to record further decreases in the near term in line with weak demand and improving supplies from Iran,” he commented.
On the other hand, in Southeast Asia, January PE offers were mostly announced with rollovers to increases so far on the back of firming ethylene prices and limited supplies, particularly for HDPE grades.
A trader reported that an Emirati producer raised its January HDPE film offers to the region notably by $50/ton on a monthly basis while giving stable to $10/ton higher offers for LDPE.
In Indonesia, a Malaysian producer applied increases of around $40-50/ton on its January HDPE offers when compared to last month due to the ongoing supply limitations while rolling over its LDPE offers. A regional producer also elected to keep its LDPE offers stable from December.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s stormy week: Hike attempts emerge after 4 months in PP, PE markets
- PVC markets fail to extend gains to Oct on economic woes, low demand in Asia
- Sentiment cautiously rebounds in Asian PP, PE markets
- Asian monomer markets react after crude oil surge
- September hikes meet resistance for ABS in Europe
- Turkey’s import PP market slumps to 3-year low on supply glut, low demand
- Import PVC demand dampened in Europe, Turkey; will it improve in H2?
- Chinese PET producers attempt for hikes first time since July
- Uptrend in spot styrene prices curtailed in Asia
- Spot LDPE, LLDPE prices hit a decade low in Italy