PE sustains soft path in October across Africa, Mid-East
In the Middle East, two Saudi producers revealed their offers with rollovers to decreases of up to SAR150 ($40/ton) to their local markets.
Regional producers including a Saudi Arabian major also issued $10-20/ton drops for all PE products to Jordan and Lebanon. “Even after the recent adjustment, PE offers are still deemed as high. We expect to conclude lower deals in view of harsh economic conditions ,” a source in Jordan mentioned. Players in Lebanon attributed slow demand to the political instability stemming from the government formation deadlock.
Similarly, buyers in Africa received stable to lower PE prices for the new month. In Egypt, a Saudi Arabian major applied $30/ton drops on LDPE film and $50/ton on HDPE b/m, while they elected to keep their LLDPE and HDPE film offers flat from September. A manufacturer noted, “The producer agreed to offer minor discounts to improve their sales despite firming costs.” More suppliers are projected to follow a similar pricing policy.
Fresh import PE offers from the Middle East represented declines of $10-50/ton in Algeria and Kenya. In Nigeria, offers were down by $40-60/ton for HDPE film but stable for other products, while the Saudi major rolled over their PE offers to Tunisia.
Players in Kenya reported that demand was very low and they will not engage in fresh purchases as they are using their stocks left from the previous month. An Algerian distributor highlighted, "Supplies are comfortable while demand remains muted. Buyers are still cautious and holding back their PE purchases.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s stormy week: Hike attempts emerge after 4 months in PP, PE markets
- PVC markets fail to extend gains to Oct on economic woes, low demand in Asia
- Sentiment cautiously rebounds in Asian PP, PE markets
- Asian monomer markets react after crude oil surge
- September hikes meet resistance for ABS in Europe
- Turkey’s import PP market slumps to 3-year low on supply glut, low demand
- Import PVC demand dampened in Europe, Turkey; will it improve in H2?
- Chinese PET producers attempt for hikes first time since July
- Uptrend in spot styrene prices curtailed in Asia
- Spot LDPE, LLDPE prices hit a decade low in Italy