PET deals concluded with discount in China, SEA
The source commented, “We think that the direction of the market will mostly depend on the direction of crude oil prices and upstream costs as buyers are cautiously monitoring developments in energy and feedstock markets and postponing their purchases in anticipation of seeing further decreases. However, we believe that the reduction amounts will not be large if prices record further drops.”
In China, export PET bottle prices are currently reported at $930-950/ton FOB China, cash equivalent while import PET prices are standing at $950-1030/ton CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm