PET prices continue to see modest gains in China
An agent reported that the export offers of their Chinese supplier increased only marginally by $5/ton on both ends from two weeks ago to $915-935/ton FOB China, cash basis.
A Chinese producer’s PET offers to the local market also increased by CNY50/ton ($7/ton) from last week to CNY7350/ton ($924/ton without VAT) on an ex-warehouse China, cash including VAT basis ($924/ton without VAT). “Demand is not showing any signs of improvement and purchases remain limited to buyers’ needs. We are not holding positive expectations regarding the near term market outlook in the face of the start-ups of new capacities in China, where overcapacity issues for PET already exist.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers